Italian Artichokes with Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 artichokes
- Large pot for cooking
- 2 tsp Save the Day Italian seasoning (for water)
- 1 Tbs oil
- For making the Hollandaise Sauce
- 4 oz butter (1 cube), very softened and pour-able but not completely melted
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Save the Day Italian seasoning
- Start water boiling in the large pot, and add artichokes. Ensure the artichokes can be completely submerged in the water. Add the 2 tsp Italian seasoning and 1 Tbs oil to the water. While the artichokes are boiling for approximately 45 minutes, make the hollandaise sauce.
- Using a wire whip and a medium sized mixing bowl, whip the egg yolks for about 10 seconds and then continue whisking quickly while the butter is slowly poured into the egg yolks. Continue whisking as the lemon juice and seasonings are added. It should have a consistency softer than mayo, but still solid and not too runny.
- Dip artichoke leaves and hearts in hollandaise sauce.
Save the Day Seasonings https://savethedayseasonings.com/