- 1 can garbanzo beans (also called chick peas)
- ¼ onion, chopped fine
- 2 tsp Save the Day Indian seasoning
- 1 tsp Alvi’s Incredible seasoning
- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (optional)
- 2-4 Tbs oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Leave it a little chunky. Use floured hands to form the mix into patties and place onto a cookie sheet covered with plastic wrap. Keep in the fridge or (preferably) the freezer while the oil heats up in a frying pan. Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until falafel is crispy brown and pretty. Turn down heat if it starts to smoke or cooks too fast. If the oil is too hot, your falafel will have a doughy center and be gross, so watch the heat!
- Serve on warmed pita bread with 1 Tbs Save the Day Indian dip and optional fresh cilantro.
Save the Day Seasonings https://savethedayseasonings.com/